a blog about obscure muzik & graphix,random thoughts and free minds.

Wednesday 17 December 2014

SOUND AWAKENER-Five Chapters-(cd-Petroglyph Music-2014)

After exchanging few emails with Nhung Nguyen,an amazing artist from Vietnam,I am posting here (as requested) the cover sleeve of her latest album + description from her archive page.
"Five improvisations recorded on upright acoustic piano. Each piece has a really extinctive character.
Vibrate has layers of reverb and exteneded techniques on piano string. Gather Eternity has loud hiss noise and distorted sound.
Gallery of emptyness is sort of a lo - fi recording. Remembering all passing things and Untold are a mix of piano chords and field recordings.
"Five Chapters" refers to the endless search in life.
My real, native name is Nguyễn Hồng Nhung ( Western name order is Nhung Nguyen ) and I'm from Vietnam.
I used various other name before 2014 but right now I stay with the artistic name Sound Awakener.
I have 5 years under private classical piano training ( from 2002 to 2007 ).
From 2007 to now I'm self - taught, develop my own technique as well as focus closely on composing and improvising.
I still play classical music, as well as other kinds of music nowadays.
My music expresses everything, from life to deep, dark inner corners.I always want to combine different elements and experiment new ideas.
"
Sound Awakener (website)
Petroglyph Music (website)

Please go here to download this album and here to check her FB page.
Enjoy it.
*f*a*r*a*w*a*y*

No comments:

Post a Comment